05 Pedagogy in practice in the DRKdikultiv project
Support of the DRKdikultiv-team in the conception of care offers for impaired children with migration background
People and families who have a refugee and/or migration background as well as being affected by impairments have a doubly challenging time in our society. The project DRKdikultiv has therefore started to support children/ young people and their families with a refugee and/or migration background, who also have a disability. It aims to support and relieve the affected children and adolescents, as well as their families, in their everyday lives by offering consultation services concerning their current situation and urgent problems in their living environment. This is be done by providing general information on relevant topics in migration and disability work, but also by offering (experiential and social) educational services for the affected children and their families. The project also offers a platform for exchange and meeting in order to strengthen their common identity and to encourage mutual help. The aim of the project is to create a self-help structure for those affected after the three years of the project.
Tasks for students:
- inclusive, pedagogical support of disabled and handicapped children with a migration background and their siblings at encounters events (events are carried out according to the current regulations)
- for current reasons: tutoring via video conference for school-age children who are provided with school assignments due to Corona and have difficulties at home to cope with them on their own
- also via video conference: low-threshold offers for younger children (handicrafts, kneading, painting, etc.)
- Creation of conceptual ideas/actions for sustainable activities that will outlast the project
Information for international students:
Our project addresses families with migration and refugee backgrounds who have little knowledge of German themselves. Knowledge of Arabic and Farsi is definitely an advantage for the project, but is also covered by our language mediators. However, knowledge of Russian, Romanian, Spanish or French is also an advantage in view of the international nature of our project.
English is possible as a common language. Experience with international students/projects is available.
Required and/or preferred skills:
- Basic pedagogical knowledge
- Experience in dealing with children of all ages (including toddlers)
- Intercultural skills
- Experience with disabled and handicapped children is an advantage, but not necessary
- Conceptual thinking
- Organisational talent
- Talent for improvisation
- Communication skills
Preferred field of study:
- Educational Studies
- Social sciences and humanities
- Arabic and Islamic Studies